Go Back   Vampires Motorcycle Club > Motorcycle Banter > San Francisco Motorcycle Chat

Old 07-27-2018   #1

Default MotoBay Classic August 18th - Racing at Piers 30&32 in San Francisco

https://www.rolandsands.com/moto-bay...super-hooligan

I'll be racing my SM. What I was told regarding rules:

We have a Supermoto Class for the SF Race, you can also race in the Run What Ya Brung, but that is a total mixture of bikes.

All the classes outside of the Super Hooligan are fairly loose as far as tech/rules, we are just opening up the oval to other classes to race on the pier. All for fun and bragging rights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauregard
give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners
Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018   #2
vilig ideat

what are the classes?

I mean to say...what the fuck is "Super Hooligan? etc.?
"We want to be free. We want to be free to do what we want to do. We want to be free to ride. And we want to be free to ride our machines without getting hassled by The Man. And we want to get loaded."

"I can't promise you sticking your dick in a diamondback's mouth and zapping it with a cattle prod *will* get your pecker bitten, but I can promise you it's a BAD FUCKING IDEA" -Rotten

"Guns, stolen motorcycles, and dead hookers tend to attract a lot of attention"
the_grinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018   #3

Super Hooligan is 750cc+ twin, pro racers

I think Hooligan is the same rules but amateur

I really want to see the Harley class
Quote:
give me some time to get used to not riding a Harley you young whippersnapper and i'll teach you some manners
Old 07-30-2018   #4
Most Metal Member

Superhooligan has specifics in terms of motors, frame changes, suspension and wheels. The hot bike is the RSD-kitted Indian Scouts, which dominate the class. Most of the dudes riding Superhooligan are competitive semi-pro racers who are competitive in multiple disciplines of racing.

Everything else is for laughs and entertainment while drinking beers. This should be a good one, especially since it'll be asphalt oval and possibly cool and foggy during some of the action.
SatanCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018   #5

https://www.rolandsands.com/assets/f...2018-RULES.pdf has the rules for SuperHooligan

stock production streetbike frame, bolt on mods only
swingarm is open, as is anything else bolt on
19" flat track tires or 17" rain tires
engine must originate at 750 or larger twin, mods are open

other than that it's basically safety stuff
Quote:
Old 08-07-2018   #6

is anyone willing to give me a hand in the pits? I shouldn't need too much help, but an extra set of hands sure is helpful sometimes

I'll cover entry/lunch/etc of course
Quote:
Old 08-08-2018   #7
Seen Yer Member

Daniel, yes. I'd love to if it's not an all day thing. I have VIP tickets but am totally down to bounce for a couple hours to help you out if you need. I don't have any pit experience but I know my way around a bike.
Old 08-08-2018   #8

I will be racing if I get the head gasket put on the bike in time. I do not have tickets purchased yet. Daniel do you know if there will be power?
REDruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018   #9

I don't know about power, I'd guess not.
Quote:
Old 08-10-2018   #10

https://www.scribd.com/document/3797...een&from_embed has tech requirements (I asked the guy who runs WFT and he sent this)
Quote: